Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since January 1, 2017, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R277. Education, Administration.
Rule R277-603. Autism Awareness Restricted Account Distribution.
As in effect on January 1, 2017
Table of Contents
- R277-603-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R277-603-2. Definitions.
- R277-603-3. Procedures.
- R277-603-4. Timelines.
- R277-603-5. Accountability.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule is authorized by:
(a) Utah Constitution Article X, Section 3, which vests general control and supervision over public education in the Board;
(b) Section 53A-1-304, which authorizes the Superintendent to distribute autism awareness funds appropriated by the Legislature; and
(c) Section 53A-1-401; which allows the Board to make rules to execute the Board's duties and responsibilities under the Utah Constitution and state law.
(2) The purpose of this rule is to provide procedures, timelines and accountability for distribution of funds received in the Autism Awareness Restricted Account and subsequently appropriated by the Legislature to eligible organizations.
(1) "Autism Awareness Restricted Account" means the account established under Section 53A-1-304.
(1) The Superintendent shall provide an application for an organization that meets the qualifications of Subsection 53A-1-304(3), to apply for available Autism Awareness Restricted Account funds to the extent of the legislative appropriation.
(2) The Superintendent shall review applications and select qualified recipients.
(3) An application shall include a budget section, a plan for use of the funds by eligible charitable organizations consistent with Subsection 53A-1-304(3), and other information as requested.
(4) The Superintendent shall distribute funds to eligible charitable organizations, to the extent of funds appropriated, annually.
(1) The Superintendent shall announce the availability of funds annually by March 15.
(2) Applicants may apply for funds on forms available from the Superintendent.
(3) Applications shall be due June 5 annually.
(4) Applicants identified for funding shall be notified no later than July 1 annually.
(5) The Superintendent shall distribute funds annually in July.
(1) The Superintendent shall require organizations that receive funding to complete a year-end report describing and documenting the use of funds consistent with the law and this rule.
(2) The year-end report may require an independent audit or review of a funded program.
autism awareness, restricted account
November 7, 2016
September 15, 2016
Art X Sec 3; 53A-1-304; 53A-1-401
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R277, please contact the promulgating agency (Education, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.