Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since November 1, 2013, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R277. Education, Administration.
Rule R277-720. Child Nutrition Programs.
As in effect on November 1, 2013
Table of Contents
- R277-720-1. Definitions.
- R277-720-2. Authority and Purpose.
- R277-720-3. Standards and Procedures for Child Nutrition.
- R277-720-4. Programs.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
A. "Board" means the Utah State Board of Education.
B. "USOE" means the Utah State Office of Education.
A. This rule is authorized by Utah Constitution Article X, Section 3 which vests general control and supervision of public education in the Board, by Section 53A-1-401(3) which allows the Board to adopt rules in accordance with its responsibilities, by Section 53A-1-402(1)(b) which directs the Board to make rules and minimum standards regarding access to programs, and by Section 53A-1-402(3) which authorizes the Board to administer funds made available through programs of the federal government.
B. The purpose of this rule is to specify the standards and procedures for child nutrition programs administered by the Board.
A. The Board adopts the following laws and regulations found at the Utah State Office of Education Child Nutrition Section and law libraries and hereby incorporates them by reference:
(1) the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act, 42 USC 1751, et seq.;
(2) the Child Nutrition Act of 1966, 42 USC 1771, et seq.; and
(3) the Emergency Food Assistance Act, 7 USC, 7501, et seq.
B. The Board shall act in accordance with the following publications available from the USOE Child Nutrition Section:
(1) Administrative Manual, NSLP/NSBP/SMP, 2010;
(2) Administrative Manual, CACFP (FDCH), 2012;
(3) Administrative Manual, Centers, 2012;
(4) Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 7;
(5) state plans and agreements which are required and submitted under applicable federal law; and
(6) guidance and instructions issued by USDA regarding laws and regulations identified in R277-720- 3.
The Board administers the following federal child nutrition programs:
A. National School Lunch Program;
B. School Breakfast Program;
C. Special Milk Program;
D. Child and Adult Care Food Program;
E. Summer Food Service Program for Children;
F. Food Distribution Program; and
G. At Risk After School Snack Program.
school lunch program, nutrition
May 8, 2012
August 14, 2012
Art X Sec 3; 53A-1-401(3); 53A-1-402(1)(b); 53A-1-402(3)
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R277, please contact the promulgating agency (Education, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.