Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since September 1, 2016, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R280. Education, Rehabilitation.
Rule R280-200. Rehabilitation.
As in effect on September 1, 2016
Table of Contents
- R280-200-1. Authority and Purpose.
- R280-200-2. Standards and Procedures for Vocational Rehabilitation.
- R280-200-3. Board Approval for Federal Funding Requests.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
A. This rule is authorized by Section 53A-24-105 which permits the Utah State Board of Education to administer funds made available for vocational rehabilitation and independent living.
B. The purpose of this rule is to establish the standards and procedures for the Utah State Office of Rehabilitation.
A. The Utah State Office of Rehabilitation shall adopt and incorporate by reference within this rule the standards and procedures of: the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, P.L. 102-569 (amended in 1998).
B. In addition, the Utah State Office of Rehabilitation shall conduct the Rehabilitation Program consistent with:
(1) All state plans which are required and submitted under P.L. 102-569, including those for Vocational Rehabilitation, Title VI C, and Independent Living Rehabilitation Services and
(2) The Case Service Manual for the Vocational Rehabilitation Program, developed by the Utah State Office of Rehabilitation, 2012, available from the Utah State Office of Rehabilitation and from vocational rehabilitation counselors employed by the Utah State Office of Rehabilitation.
A. The Utah State Office of Rehabilitation shall not make application for new federal grants or reallotment funding without prior approval of the Utah State Board of Education. As part of the approval process, the Utah State Office of Rehabilitation shall sufficiently inform the Utah State Board of Education about the implications of all match and maintenance of effort (MOE) requirements.
B. The Utah State Office of Rehabilitation may not borrow ahead from future federal or state years without approval from the Utah State Board of Education.
vocational education, rehabilitation
May 8, 2015
April 8, 2013
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R280, please contact the promulgating agency (Education, Rehabilitation). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.