Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2015, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R495. Human Services, Administration.
Rule R495-810. Government Records Access and Management Act.
As in effect on October 1, 2015
Table of Contents
- R495-810-1. Access to Department of Human Services Records.
- R495-810-2. Fee Schedule for Records Copies.
- R495-810-3. Records Modification and Clarification.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
A. Authority. This rule is authorized by Section 63G-2-204(2) and Section 62A-1-111.
B. Definitions. Words used in this rule are defined in Section 63G-2-103.
C. Requests for Access. Requests for records shall be submitted to any Department of Human Services office. If the record requested is maintained in that office, that office's designated GRAMA Officer will respond to the request. If the record is not maintained in the office where the request is filed, the request will be sent immediately to the appropriate Department of Human Services office.
A. Fee Rates.
1. Fees for copies are based on the number of records to be copied and are as follows:
a. paper: $.25 per side of sheet;
b. audio tape: $5.00 per tape; and
c. video tape: $15.00 per tape.
2. For records which require compiling and reporting in another format, a fee of $25.00 per hour may be charged, or $50.00 per hour if the request requires programmer/analyst assistance, however no charge may be made for the first quarter hour of staff time.
3. Mailing. The fee for mailing is the actual cost of postage.
B. Payment Waiver.
1. The Department of Human Services shall fulfill a record request without charge in accordance with Section 63G-2-203(4).
2. The Department shall require payment of future estimated fees before beginning to process a request when fees are expected to exceed $50 or the requester has not paid fees from previous requests.
A. Hearings. Administrative Hearings regarding denied requests to amend records shall be conducted informally in accordance with Administrative Rule 497-100.
December 11, 2007
January 17, 2012
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R495, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.