Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since October 1, 2015, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R512. Human Services, Child and Family Services.
Rule R512-42. Adoption by Relatives.
As in effect on October 1, 2015
Table of Contents
- R512-42-1. Purpose and Authority.
- R512-42-2. Adoption by Relatives.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) The purpose of this rule is to specify requirements for relatives to adopt a child in the custody of the Division of Child and Family Services (Child and Family Services).
(2) This rule is authorized by Section 62A-4a-102.
(1) A relative who has a relationship with a child available for adoption may apply to adopt a particular child. The application and home study will be handled in accordance with the Child and Family Services Adoption Practice Guidelines, and in accordance with Section 78B-6-128, based upon the best interest of the child.
February 9, 2010
March 5, 2012
62A-4a-102; 78A-6-307; 78B-6-102; 78B-6-117; 78B-6-128; 78B-6-137
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R512, please contact the promulgating agency (Human Services, Child and Family Services). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.