Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2016, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R590. Insurance, Administration.
Rule R590-120. Surety Bond Forms.
As in effect on April 1, 2016
Table of Contents
- R590-120-1. Authority.
- R590-120-2. Purpose and Scope.
- R590-120-3. Rule.
- R590-120-4. Severability.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule is promulgated pursuant to Subsection 31A-2-201(3) which authorizes rules to implement the Utah Insurance Code, and Subsection 31A-21-101(5) which authorizes rules exempting classes of insurance contracts from any or all provisions of Chapter 21, Title 31A of the Utah Code.
The purpose of this rule is to exempt certain surety bond forms from the form filing requirements and other requirements of Chapter 21.
This rule shall apply to all insurers transacting surety insurance in this state.
(1) Surety insurance forms, except bail bond insurance forms, are exempt from the following provisions of Chapter 21: Sections 31A-21-106, 31A-21-201, 31A-21-303, 31A-21-308 and 31A-21-312.
(2) Bail bond surety forms used by surety insurers and bail bond surety companies must be filed in accordance with 31A-21-201.
If any provision of this rule or its application to any person or circumstance is for any reason held to be invalid, the remainder of the rule and the application of the provision to other persons or circumstance may not be affected.
June 4, 1999
April 11, 2012
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R590, please contact the promulgating agency (Insurance, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.