Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since November 1, 2013, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R590. Insurance, Administration.
Rule R590-250. PEO Assurance Organization Designation.
As in effect on November 1, 2013
Table of Contents
- R590-250-1. Authority.
- R590-250-2. Purpose and Scope.
- R590-250-3. Designation Process.
- R590-250-4. Enforcement Date.
- R590-250-5. Severability.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule is promulgated pursuant to Subsection 31A-40-303(2) wherein the commissioner is given authority to designate by rule one or more assurance organizations for certifying the qualifications of a professional employer organization.
(1) The purpose of this rule is to establish a process by which an assurance organization can be designated for certifying the qualifications of a professional provider organization.
(2) This rule applies to any assurance organization certifying the qualifications of a professional employer organization with operations in Utah.
(1) An assurance organization desiring to be designated by the commissioner to certify professional employer organizations in Utah shall:
(a) apply by letter requesting designation by the commissioner;
(b) include in the letter or as an attachment to the letter:
(i) an explanation of how the assurance organization will certify each of the qualification criteria listed in Section 31A-40-303 (3); and
(ii) evidence that the assurance organization is licensed by one or more states to certify the qualifications of a professional employer organization.
(2) The commissioner will designate approved assurance organizations by rule.
The commissioner will begin enforcing this rule 45 days from the rule's effective date.
If any provision of this rule or its application to any person or circumstance is, for any reason, held to be invalid, the remainder of this rule and its application to other persons and circumstances are not affected.
insurance, assurance organization designation
August 25, 2008
August 9, 2013
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R590, please contact the promulgating agency (Insurance, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.