Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since April 1, 2014, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R590. Insurance, Administration.
Rule R590-255. Utah NetCare Alternative Coverage Notification Rule.
As in effect on April 1, 2014
Table of Contents
- R590-255-1. Authority.
- R590-255-2. Purpose and Scope.
- R590-255-3. General Instructions.
- R590-255-4. Enforcement Date.
- R590-255-5. Penalties.
- R590-255-6. Severability.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
This rule is promulgated pursuant to Section 31A-22-724 wherein the commissioner shall develop a model letter.
(1) The purpose of this rule is to adopt a model letter for insurers to provide to employers as required by Section 31A-22-716 to notify an employee of the employee's options for alternative coverage.
(2) This rule applies to all accident and health insurers doing business in Utah that are required to offer alternative coverage pursuant to Section 31A-22-724.
(1) An insurer shall provide an employer:
(a) a letter that explains alternative coverage; or
(b) the Utah NetCare: Utah's Alternative Coverage letter.
(2) The letter required by this Subsection (1) shall be provided:
(a) to an employer at renewal;
(b) when requested by an employer; and
(c) when requested by an employee.
The commissioner will begin enforcing this rule 45 days from the rule's effective date.
A person found, after a hearing or other regulatory process, to be in violation of this rule shall be subject to penalties as provided under 31A-2-308.
If any provision of this rule or its application to any person or situation is held to be invalid, that invalidity shall not affect any other provision or application of this rule which can be given effect without the invalid provision or application, and to this end the provisions of this rule are declared to be severable.
insurance alternative coverage, NetCare
February 9, 2010
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R590, please contact the promulgating agency (Insurance, Administration). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.