Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since February 1, 2014, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R708. Public Safety, Driver License.
Rule R708-31. Ignition Interlock Systems.
As in effect on February 1, 2014
Table of Contents
- R708-31-1. Authority.
- R708-31-2. Purpose.
- R708-31-3. Standards.
- R708-31-4. Requirements.
- R708-31-5. Procedure for Impecuniosity.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule establishes standards for the certification of ignition interlock systems as required by Section 41-6a-518.
(1) The purpose of this rule is to provide:
(a) standards and requirements for certifying ignition interlock systems.
(b) procedure for supplying an ignition interlock system for those individuals who are impecunious.
(1) All vendors who want to certify and provide ignition interlock systems shall:
(a) apply to the Driver License Division of the Department of Public Safety.
(b) provide an independent laboratory report showing evidence that their ignition interlock system meets the requirements of NHTSA (Federal Register Vol. 57. No. 67) which is incorporated by reference, and the standards as specified in Section 41-6a-518.
(c) meet the requirements of Section 4 of this rule in order to be placed on an approved vendor's list.
(1) To be included on an approved vendor's list, each vendor must:
(a) be certified by the Department of Public Safety to operate in Utah.
(b) show evidence that there is adequate product liability insurance.
(c) pay all applicable fees.
(1) The Driver License Division may award a sole source contract to a vendor to provide an ignition interlock system to individuals for whom payment of costs has been waived or deferred on the grounds of impecuniosity.
ignition interlock systems
April 7, 2009
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R708, please contact the promulgating agency (Public Safety, Driver License). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.