Utah Administrative Code
The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702).
NOTE: For a list of rules that have been made effective since June 1, 2016, please see the codification segue page.
NOTE TO RULEFILING AGENCIES: Use the RTF version for submitting rule changes.
R708. Public Safety, Driver License.
Rule R708-31. Ignition Interlock Systems.
As in effect on June 1, 2016
Table of Contents
- R708-31-1. Authority.
- R708-31-2. Purpose.
- R708-31-3. Standards.
- R708-31-4. Requirements.
- Date of Enactment or Last Substantive Amendment
- Notice of Continuation
- Authorizing, Implemented, or Interpreted Law
(1) This rule establishes standards for the certification of ignition interlock systems as required by Section 41-6a-518.
(1) The purpose of this rule is to provide standards and requirements for certifying ignition interlock systems.
(1) All vendors who want to certify and provide ignition interlock systems shall:
(a) apply to the Driver License Division of the Department of Public Safety;
(b) provide an independent laboratory report showing evidence that their ignition interlock system meets the requirements of NHTSA (Federal Register Vol. 57. No. 67) which is incorporated by reference, and the standards as specified in Section 41-6a-518; and
(c) meet the requirements of Section 4 of this rule in order to be placed on an approved vendor's list.
(1) To be included on an approved vendor's list, each vendor must:
(a) be certified by the Department of Public Safety to operate in Utah;
(b) show evidence that there is adequate product liability insurance; and
(c) pay all applicable fees.
ignition interlock systems
February 21, 2014
March 18, 2014
For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R708, please contact the promulgating agency (Public Safety, Driver License). A list of agencies with links to their homepages is available at http://www.utah.gov/government/agencylist.html or from http://www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm.