The Division of Administrative Rules will conduct an administrative rulemaking training seminar on Thursday, March 29, 2012. This training is intended for state agency employees who are responsible for filing rules.
The training will be held in the State Office Building, Capitol Hill, in room 4112. The training will last approximately six hours, split between two sessions. The morning session begins at 9 a.m. and runs to noon. The afternoon session begins at 1 p.m. and will run until 4 p.m.
The morning session will cover the following topics:
- Governor Herbert’s Executive Order EO/013/2011: Establishing Effective Oversight Over State Agency Rulemaking;
- pre-filing and pre-publication requirements, especially with regards to fiscal impact on business (as informed by EO/013/2011); and
- the rule filing process, including a review of all rule filing types. We will pay special attention to proposed rulemaking filings and five-year review filings.
The afternoon session will cover the following topics:
- the rule filing process (continued, if necessary from the morning);
- comment and effective date requirements, as well as what to do in the event of a petition for a rule hearing;
- writing and preparing rule text.
We’ll try to address the first three bullet items during the morning session and the last two during the afternoon.
Please RSVP to Sophia Manousakis (“smanousa” at “utah.gov”) by email to reserve a spot. Seating is limited!
Additional training sessions have been scheduled for Thursday, June 21; Thursday, September 20; and Thursday, December 13.